Dear Saudi ORL Society Members,
We are pleased to invite you to attend the Annual SORL General Assembly meeting at the 11th International Saudi Otorhinolaryngology which will be held in Le Meridien Hotel in Alkhobar Saudi Arabia on the 15th of February at 7:20 pm.
- The General Assembly meeting is held annually at the Saudi ORL Cociety Annual Conference and is the primary forum for the society members.
- The attendees are required to be current Active and Life members of the Saudi ORL Society.
- A quorum is required to conduct any business. For the General Assembly, a quorum shall occur as long as 50% of the members are in attendance.
- If a quorum is present, a majority vote of the delegates shall be required to constitute a regulation or action.
- Each voting member shall only have a single vote, even if he/she is representing more than one member.
- There shall be no proxy voting permitted at any General Assembly meeting.
- The executive functions of society shall be assigned to a board of directors. It shall act in matters pertaining to the powers and duties of this Assembly when it is not in session.
- The General Assembly shall review the reports annually , policies, projects, budget and programs of the society and make recommendations to them.
- The board of directors should provide an independently audited financial report.
- Proposals for amending or repealing the bylaws, or for adopting new bylaws, may be presented and acted upon at any General Assembly meeting by an affirmative vote of a majority of the voting members present and voting; provided, however, that (a) written notice of such proposed action was given to the Board of Directors at least forty-five (45) days before the meeting at which such action is to be considered for approval for voting or other appropriate action.
- The president of the society shall be chairman of the General Assembly.
- Board of Directors
- 9 actives members are elected by the general assembly every three years and among them they choose the president, the vice-president, the secretary-general and the treasurer. The president and the treasurer should be teaching staff at King Saud University.
- The Board of Directors shall meet at least four (4) times a year. Special meetings may be called at any other time by the president of the society.
- The meetings are called by the president of the society upon ten (10) days written notice to each member. Members are expected to attend all the meetings or notify the chair in case of their inability to do so.
- At all meetings of the Board of Directors a two-thirds (2/3) majority of the Board of Directors shall be necessary and sufficient to constitute a quorum for the transaction of business, and action by the Board at a meeting shall be upon vote of a majority of the Directors present at any meeting of the Board at which a quorum is present.
- Directors participating in a meeting of the Board by means of a conference call, video conference, or such other means that allow for each participant to hear and be heard by each other participant at the same time, shall be deemed present at such meeting.
- The President shall be the chairman of all meetings of the General Assembly, and the Council. He or she shall be responsible for the implementation of the policy of the society.
- The secretary-general shall be responsible for all matters concerning the administration of society and, in particular, for the conduct of correspondence, the preparation and distribution of publications and the safe keeping of the archives of society.
- The Treasurer shall be responsible for the finances of the society. He or she shall be responsible for the preparation of the annual budget and an audited statement of accounts.
We hope to see you in AlKhobar and look forward to welcoming you to the General Assembly meeting. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and kind regards,
Abdulrahman Hagr, MD
President of Saudi ORL Society